The Royal Family

The Royal Family

Sunday, March 2, 2008

in response to "class election"

Hello, cant help but respond to kill my boredom (I apologise for not being a mugger)

Well, let us all always remember that 'leaders' are really a very subjective group of distinct individuals, and there is no true single prototype for the perfect, desired by everyone leader (unless u are nietzsche and only believe in the ubermensch). Therefore, I think you (Minh) shouldnt have stepped down so quickly and silently just because you think others would be 'better' leaders...

I have once been a leader for a whole year(ASM of my uniform group) & frankly speaking, I dont really like being a leader or taking on a leadership role. Its tiring, stressful, kills your free time, have to set a good example even if you are a bad one, causes rumours to spread behind your back, and may even make people hate you. Though I have an immense amount of slackness lying within me, I believe it is mainly due to the roles, responsiblities, duties, people, situations, decisions etc that the leader has to deal and face with in his everyday duty that will surely tire and wear him down. It is easy to volunteer (or be forced) to be a leader. It is difficult to be a leader. It is worst to be a good leader. It is impossible to be a perfect leader.

Yet, there has to be someone who has to take on this role. And I hope that all of us will know and remember that it is only at the end of the day, despite all things nasty/nice that has happened in the process, that we will only see this leader who has led his class up to greater heights. This leader, whom has shed his blood and tears, whom has channeled all his energy and effort, whom has helped and assisted many with his attitude and character, whom may only spend 2 years with his group and never see them again; we will surely remember and thank him.

Though there were some *ahem* incidences (hey, no man is perfect), I am quite sad that you have stepped down from your position as class chairperson. Still glad however that you have chosen to stay in 5.8 :) I'm sure ALL of us will look forward towards the next successor who will take on this important and really tough job as chairman/chairwoman, who will put on the role as a 'leader', who will lead the class for the faith, for the service of 5.8kind, and not for any personal gains or benefits, or anything that starts with C and ends with AS.

Well, just a penny of my thought (not $25!:) No offense to anyone who may find offense in this critical post.

--jyu.

No comments: